   RE: Fixing XML-DEV (was RE: State of the art in listserves)

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@docuverse.com>
  • To: "'Box, Don'" <dbox@develop.com>, "'Dave Winer'" <dave@userland.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:02:10 -0800

Title: Fixing XML-DEV (was RE: State of the art in listserves)
Here here from me too.  BTW, eGroups isn't so bad.  Its got some
extra features like polls, vaults, etc.  Removing annoyed ads from
the SML-DEV mailing list cost me less than $100 a year which is
a reasonable ransom considering the cost of hiring a staff.

Another idea, which will definitely stress out your list server, is a
'buffer zone mailing lists' for all the W3C's XXX-comment@w3.org
Sort of a waystation at the border of singularity.

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark@docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com