   Fixing XML-DEV (was RE: State of the art in listserves)

  • From: "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>
  • To: "'Dave Winer'" <dave@userland.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:58:29 -0800

Title: Fixing XML-DEV (was RE: State of the art in listserves)

Here here! We run the SOAP list (http://discuss.develop.com/soap.html) on the listserv product from L-Soft and have had amazingly good success both in terms of and reliability and in terms of non-commercial community building (except for the DNS name of the server, you would never know the list is hosted by DevelopMentor). If Peter M-R is willing, DevelopMentor would be willing to host/mirror XML-DEV on our existing RELIABLE listserv infrastructure. FWIW, we have a full-time staffer dedicated to keeping this stuff running. I think a well-maintained dedicated listserv installation would be preferrable to a banner-ad ladden commercial site like eGroups.com.

DB
http://www.develop.com/dbox