   Re: Discussions on XML-DEV [was RE: need for defining standard APIs for

  • From: ashvil@I3CONNECT.COM (Ashvil)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:43:50 -0800

> It is great to have replies like ++im's. They can be re-used over a long
> period of time. The idea of XML-JEWELS (no longer active) and Leigh Dodds'
> excellent efforts makes sure that we have a better chance of re-finding
> these articles when we want them. [I am still searching for a way in which
> we can regard some of these as "publications".] I shall certainly refer
> back to these when I am concerned about "XML repositories".

One small suggestion. After a discussion on the list on a topic, it would be
helpful if either the topic originator or someone else could summarize the
thread, with a mail with the subject 'Summary - <<Topic>>'.

This way we can document what was agreed upon or what's points need further
work and we can distribute the responsibility of creating something as
valuable as XML-Jewels.

Regards,
Ashvil