   RE: Discussions on XML-DEV [was RE: need for defining standard APIs for

  • From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:57:01 +0100

> One small suggestion. After a discussion on the list on a topic,
> it would be helpful if either the topic originator or someone else
> could summarize the thread, with a mail with the subject 'Summary -
<<Topic>>'.

Thats something of what I'm being attempting to do with the
XML Deviant [1] column. I've tried to pick out the most interesting
and useful threads as they've taken place.

eclectic [2] is finer grained, being a daily summary of
the list traffic, but I hope its useful. A search facility will
be added to the site in the not-too-distant future (I hope).

Feedback on XML Deviant or eclectic is always welcome. I'm
keen to produce something of value.

I've also made several postings to the list recently providing
links to previous/relevant discussions on particular topics
(mostly from the archives). If people find these useful then I'll
continue to do so (if not, please say, and I'll stop).

Theres room on the eclectic site for people to post their own
comments and discussions too. While I don't want discussion to
be drawn away from XML-DEV, it might be a provide a place
for summaries to be posted if no-where else seems suitable,
or is available.

Contributions from others would also add additional perspective.

I believe Craig Chevrier (the XML.org Managing Editor) is keen
to expand/improve the XML-DEV 'home-page' as well.

[1]. http://www.xml.com/pub/xmldeviant
[2]. http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Software Engineer       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitates"