   RE: media types of stylesheets

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: <martind@netfolder.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:07:32 -0500

At 07:32 AM 3/30/00 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
>Thomas said:
>3) there is work going on that looks like it will lead to a type
>application/xslt-xml, or something like that (I don't have the post on this
>computer).
>
>Didier replies:
>Is this a proposal to IANA?

I don't believe the W3C has made any proposal yet.  The discussion
regarding MIME types for XSL stylesheets has lately been in the context of
MIME types for XML documents in general, and lives at the IETF.

(CSS, not using an XML syntax, isn't affected.)

Murata Makoto and I co-authored an Internet Draft we hope will someday
reach RFC status, available at: http://www.imc.org/draft-murata-xml.  Dan
Kohn just joined us as a new co-author, and we're hoping to get a new draft
out in the reasonably near future.

Discussion has been on the ietf-xml-mime mailing list:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-xml-mime/.  As Tim Bray noted earlier on xml-dev,
this discussion has been rather heated.  Right now, we're in a lull.

One strong suggestion: read as much of the archives as you can before
joining the discussion.  We've been circling around the same issues
repeatedly lately.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth