   RE: LISTRIVIA (Re: need for defining standard APIs for xml storag e)

  • From: "Hester, Alan" <Alan.Hester@usa.xerox.com>
  • To: "'Peter Murray-Rust'" <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>, xml-dev@XML.ORG
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 12:56:15 -0500

>> At 08:56 AM 3/31/00 -0500, Dongwook Shin wrote:
>> >There seems to be some errors in moderating this mailing list.
>> >I posted a couple of messages recently, but did never appear
>> >in the list. So, I posted one of them again.

Dongwook,
Perhaps I can explain why your messages are not making it to the list.

About two weeks ago Steven Champeon wrote:
> Could whoever is responsible for this mailing list's configuration
> please add the following to the !%@$! list.config file?
> taboo_headers       <<  END
> /Content-type:.*multipart\/alternative.*/i
> /Content-type:.*multipart\/mixed.*/i
> /.*text\/html.*/i
> /.*text\/enriched.*/i
> /.*text\/x-vcard.*/i
> /Content-Disposition:.*attachment/i
> END
> That way, we can get back to talking about XML, and not debating the
> relative detriments and merits of HTML email?

Just to quantify this supposed problem, I put the suggested entry in the
majordomo configuration on 3/23 at about 4:35 PM. From that time until now,
there have been 9 messages bounced from a total of 181 postings.

I will go with the list consensus on whether to leave these taboo headers in
place or to remove them.

Here is what has happened to 2 of your messages:
> BOUNCE xml-dev@xml.org:  taboo header:
/Content-type:.*multipart\/alternative.*/i

Alan Hester
Chief Information Officer
OASIS