   Re: xml search engine?

  • From: Dongwook Shin <dwshin@nlm.nih.gov>
  • To: ram@cs.umb.edu, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:57:28 -0400

Thanks Bob:

Let me take a look at that. But I still think that there is nothing
that allows vocabulary mapping without heuristics.
Suppose that you and I create a document on the same topic
at the same time. Can you imagine that there is a correlation
between the styles we made? You may catch some from the
terminologies we use in common.

"Robert A. (Bob) Morris" wrote:

> There is a body of literature addressing this kind of problem,
> including as applied to XML, in the Semi-Structured Data community. See
> the book "Data on the Web, From Relations to Semistructured Data and
> XML", Serge Abiteboul, Peter Buneman, and Dan Suciu, published by
> Morgan Kaufman, 2000.
>
> Bob Morris

Dongwook
--