   Re: Case sensitivity

  • From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@polaris.net>
  • To: Stefan van den Oord <soord@vda.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 13:44:49 -0400

At 11:20 AM 4/3/2000 +0200, Stefan van den Oord wrote:
>I have a simple question, I think: is XML case sensitive? In other words,
>are the tags case sensitive? I also mean the <?XML... tag and the <!DOCTYPE
>tag.

Yes, XML is case-sensitive. The XML declaration (what you call the
"<?XML... tag") must appear as:
      <?xml...
and the document type declaration as:
      <!DOCTYPE...

When you get into coding real tags, <THISTAG> identifies a completely
different element than <ThisTag>, <thisTag>, etc. Attribute names are also
case-sensitive. And so is everything else. :)