   Re: XLink question

  • From: "Eve L. Maler" <Eve.Maler@east.sun.com>
  • To: Ravi Ramamirtham <rramamirtham@riverdelta.com>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 14:37:36 -0400

XLink isn't meant for this.  Today, you would accomplish this with XML
"entities" and normal XML processing.  There's a new Working Draft on a
technology called XInclude (http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude), which
accomplishes much the same thing as XML external parsed entities, only with
element syntax instead of a special entity-reference syntax.

         Eve
         (member of the working groups that produced XLink and XInclude)

Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    elm @ east.sun.com