   XML, Standards and You

  • From: Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 21:46:16 +0100

I don't usually trouble this list with news of XML.com articles, so I
hope you'll indulge me just this once :)

We published yesterday a special focus issue on the processes surrounding
the development of standards in the W3C and OASIS.  Given various recent
debates on this list about both these organizations, I think the content
may be of value to readers of XML-DEV:

W3C: http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/04/10/standards/w3c/index.html
OASIS: http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/04/10/oasis/index.html

Ian Jacobs of the W3C and Jon Bosak for OASIS were kind enough to
contribute to this issue.

-- Edd