   Re: XUL and Java?

  • From: "Dave Winer" <dave@userland.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:03:33 -0700

I don't know about Java, but I wrote a script to load the XUL object
hierarchy into Frontier's object database, and saw that that's what it is,
an object database (in the filesystem) -- a hierarchy that reminds me a lot
of Frontier in the pre-1.0 days, in the early 90s. (We're working on 6.2
now.)

Here's a screen shot:

http://static.userland.com/misc/snImages/suitesMozillaReadFolder.gif

Narration of my exploration here:

http://netscape6.weblogs.com/

When we get the HTML browser control running in Frontier we'll leapfrog this
stuff. They're just getting started. Normal confusion, we went through it
too. Took years to sort out the mess we created in the first few years. It's
just a big loop! (We've done all this stuff before, I guess that's what
happens when you reach the ripe old age of 44.)

Dave