   Re: [xml-dev-temp]

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org, xml-dev-temp@egroups.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:04:02 +0100

At 11:18 AM 4/14/00 -0400, [an XML-DEV member] wrote:

[... a message crossposted to xml-dev and "xml-dev-temp"...]

This type of crossposting will lead to a chaotic situation where no-one is
clear who is posting what to where and who is answering whom.

Anyone can, of course, set up or use any list to discuss any aspect of XML
or any other subject, but on XML-DEV we have tried very carefully to make
sure that crossposting is very exceptional. [I have crossposted this
message, but ask that any reply does not continue this.]

	P.

PS: As a matter of factual note I have not been consulted about
"xml-dev-temp" and do not see it as having any useful relationship to XML-DEV.