   Re: OASIS and XML-DEV

  • From: David DS Barnes <d.d.barnes@ic.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:09:23 +0000

Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

> I was remarking, sadly, to one correspondent how few academics and students
> there are in XML. Most come from the SGML days, and that includes me. This
> must be an area in which XML-DEV has something to contribute.

I have been encouraged by Peter before,
and I would like to echo his words here:

the questions that arise are:
	how can developers help students
	how can student projects help them
	how can the needs be balanced

if anyone would like to build a loving relationship with Imperial
College
(or at least as far as my influence goes {--> 1/inf})
then please twang my wire :)

if I am in the clouds, please excuse my childlike outburst 8)

David
--
David DS Barnes
	mechanical eng,imperial college		|	t:0171 594 7181