   RE: Corba IDL --> XML Schema or DTD

  • From: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene@datapower.com>
  • To: "Jean Marc VANEL" <jean-marc_vanel@effix.fr>, <xml-dev@xml.org>, <jmvanel@free.fr>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:59:58 -0400

> Also maybe we could generically generate functions that would
> iterate through a given IDL struct, and write the XML in a
> stream. A job for the visitor design pattern ?

We have something like that, not yet released. It actually does the low-level translation as well. The problem you run into is preserving datatypes appropriate, and, of course, performance. Taking in XML and filling in an IDL struct is especially unpleasant in that respect, and many tricks have to be employed.

We'd be glad to talk about seeing if we can work together or assist in some fashion. Are you working on a product or something internal? Let's talk more off-line!

\\ Eugene Kuznetsov
\\ eugene@datapower.com
\\ DataPower Technology, Inc.