   Re: OASIS and XML-DEV

  • From: "Schneur Feigelstock" <schneur@telus.net>
  • To: <donpark@docuverse.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:13:13 -0700

> >It has been suggested that I take a lead in coordinating ways
> >forward. I think we should give OASIS till 04-23 before making
> >any formal move.
>
> Peter, I fully agree.
>
> >(a) what role can and should OASIS play?
>
> If I was running OASIS, I would start by offering free individual
> membership to all XML-DEV subscribers

This sounds like the first great idea for handling this problem with keeping
Oasis in the picture, I say go for it.

> >(b) What additional features should XML-DEV include. I
> >like the idea of CVS pages for projects - think we have
> >a critical mass and it would work very well.

I Think we should have our own web site with CVS on it and a Forum channel
of /or like IRC with in it, I am sure there would be volunters to help keep
it up, We can have a list of of software and a  CVS for downloads, as well
as other links to resources as they become available including netmeeting
for those with highspeed bandwith.