   Re: OASIS and XML-DEV

  • From: THOMAS PASSIN <tpassin@idsonline.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@XML.ORG>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:55:21 -0400

David Brownell  remarked

> Getting the group web site up IMHO an enabling step.
>
> It's something we can focus on short term, and which is
> very amenable to bring other activities up quickly ...

It seems like the suggestion for an xml-dev web site (for code, examples,
and who knows what else might come along) looks interesting to a lot of
people (including me).  Perhaps we could set this up in such a way that we
could migrate the mailing list to the same provider if OASIS doesn't work
out.  If OASIS does, we would still have what we want.  According to this,
we should look for a web site host who could also host a good-quality
mailing list with archives if we needed to move.

Does this make sense to people?

Tom Passin