   RE: Schema for XSLT (concerns mixed content, content attribute)

  • From: Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com
  • To: "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 01:11:45 -0400

Schemas treats "mixed" differently than DTD's.  In schemas, both
element-only and mixed take a full content model.  The only difference
with mixed is that the instance can have character information item
children before after and in between the elements validated by the model.
So, you have the full power of content models with mixed.  Also, mixed
does not imply any defaults for min/maxOccurs.  This is NOT the DTD model,
but it can express every constraint allowed by DTD mixed (and more).

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>
Sent by: www-xml-schema-comments-request@w3.org