   JDOM: Alternative to W3C DOM

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:14:16 -0400

I haven't seen anyone mention this on XML-Dev yet, so you all may want to
take a look at http://www.jdom.org.

>While JDOM is 100% compliant with existing standards
>such as the Simple API for XML (SAX) and the Document Object
>Model (DOM), it is not an abstraction layer or enhancement
>to those APIs. Rather, it seeks to provide a robust,
>light-weight means of reading and writing XML data without
>the complex and memory-consumptive options that current
>API offerings provide.

I've posted a brief story on xmlhack:
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=464

Elliotte Rusty Harold's got some comments at Cafe Con Leche:
http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/

It's interesting stuff - good heresy, perhaps?

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com