   Re: JAXP and XERCES

  • From: "Takuki Kamiya" <kamiya@rp.open.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:13:55 +0900

Laura Neitzel <laura.neitzel@moai.com> wrote:

> Could someone please provide me with instructions for using the JAXP Package
> and either the XML4J or Xerces validating SAX parser (either one is fine)?
> I have reviewed the sun tutorials and looked all over the apache and ibm
> sites, but can't find explicit code. If there is explicity code for that
> example already, I'd love a link to that page.
>
> My code is below.  I also have the System Variable
> javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory set as org.apache.xerces.Parser
> and org.apache.... is in my Classpath.

First, you need to set javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory system
property to org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl instead of
org.apache.xerces.Parser.

Second, you have to fetch those adapter classes for JAXP 1.0 from
apache site at the address below and compile them into a jar yourself.

http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/jaxp/

- Takuki Kamiya