   Question about External Parameter Entity.

  • From: KAZUMI Saito <ksaito@flab.fujitsu.co.jp>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:44:03 +0900

I hava a question about the External Parameter Entity.

XML 1.0 section 4.3.2 said "An external parameter entity is well-formed if it
matches the production labeled extPE. ".  And the external parameter entitis
which do not have the text declaration and consist of only some literals
without any markup are allowed, I think.

Then, following XML and entity files are correct. ( some of parsers
parse this without error.)

example.xml:
   <!DOCTYPE doc [
   <!ELEMENT a (#PCDATA)>
   <!ENTITY extpe SYSTEM "file.ent">
   <!ELEMENT doc (%A;)?> ]>
   <doc/>

file.ent:

But the XML 1.0 errata(http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-19980210-errata) said
following correction.

E13
 Section 2.8
   To the paragraph before production [30], add "The external subset
   and any external parameter entities referred to in the DTD must
   match the production for extPE. See 4.3.2 Well-Formed Parsed Entities".

After applied this correction, Does above sample have well-formedness error?

-----
 KAZUMI Saito  FUJITSU Laboratories Ltd.