   Re: List server: another timing test (results and questions)

  • From: Walter Underwood <wunder@ultraseek.com>
  • To: XML-Dev List <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:09:57 -0700

--On Thursday, April 27, 2000 10:37 AM -0400 Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> The configuration is now majordomo 1.94.5 + bulk_mailer +
> sendmail 8.8.8 on a sparc box of some type running Solaris 7.
>
> Changing MTAs is a possibility, changing list servers is a
> possibility, upgrading sendmail is a possibility, upgrading the
> hardware is a possibility, and changing ISPs is a possibility.
> Thoughts?

Go to sendmail 8.10.x, just for the anti-spam provisions. It is also supposed to
be faster.  If the mail queues get large, directory searches can be a problem,
so 8.10 allows multiple queue directories.

I use Hypermail for our lists. It works OK, though I need to submit some
changes to make it work better with search engines.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
Senior Staff Engineer, Infoseek Software