   Path to take

  • From: "Sue Kuivanen" <specialkevents@hotmail.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:58:31 GMT

I would like to become an XML expert and am having difficulty determining a
plan of action to acquire this goal.  I am trying to determine which
courses, languages or programs to enlist and which ones to prioritize.

I am not a hard core techie, but am open to it if this is what is required
to become an XML expert. I have taken introductory courses to JavaScript,
programming and XML. I am signed up to take an online CSS course.  I am a
consultant who does technical writing, analysis and web design.  I am
familar with most of the XML list groups and websites.

If I say, I need to learn Java, then often it seems I need to learn C++.  Is
JavaScript, Active Server Pages, HTML and XML a route?  Can anyone offer
suggestions?

Thanks,
Sue