   Re: Babel (again) or standard taqs and aliases (UDEF, Bizcodes)

  • From: "KenNorth" <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • To: "David RR Webber" <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>, "Ron Schuldt" <roncals@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 17:09:37 -0700

Ron,

Thanks for the explanation about qualifiers.

If I'm defining an XML timeDuration (or SQL interval), it maps to the UDEF
Quantity, and you qualify it with unit of measurement (seconds, minutes,
hours, etc.). What about other qualifiers? Is there a way to express
relationships such as order and precedence?

start time - stop time
primary - secondary
master - detail

For example, if I want the beginning and end of an interval (timeDuration),
I use the Date and Time properties. How do I indicate which is the starting
time? Similarly, what about expressing a starting coordinate and ending
coordinate?

See you at AD2000 London (www.applicationdevelopment.com)
XML DevCon 2000 New York City (www.xmldevcon2000.com)