   RE: Source code for MSXML [was RE: [xml training/tutorials, etc]]

  • From: Bob DeRemer <Bob.Deremer@wonderware.com>
  • To: "'Bob Kline'" <bkline@rksystems.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 03:51:43 -0700

Not being from MS nor having any inside connections in their XML group, I
have no idea if they plan on open-sourcing the MSXML source.  I can see why
it wouldn't be.  Most of MS's stuff [even though it supports the standard as
spec'd by W3C], typically augments it.  In many cases, this may be a good
thing, as it provides more functionality so developing engineers don't have
to write as much grunt work code.  On the other hand, it may also tie it MS
platforms for various reasons (i.e. performance, lock-in, who knows).

I personally don't mind since we are solely a MS shop.  Maybe someone else
can comment on this?

-Bob