   Re: W3C process getting bumpy?

  • From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:23:29 -0400

At 11:16 AM 5/12/00 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>I had an offline question about what 'bumpiness' I was talking about, and
>figure it's worth sharing a more detailed explanation.  The DOM Level 2's
>going into CR with no end date is one issue

I suppose conspiracy theories are inevitable, but I think it's a bit of a
leap to assume problems.

"Coordination issues" simply refers to the dealings of various coordination
groups within the W3C, without a final date is very likely to be the result
of the vast majority of W3C staff, chairs, and many WG participants
travelling to Amsterdam this and next week for WWW9 and then the
semi-annual AC meeting the week afterward.  Not easy to get everyone on
calls or in meetings when half of them are at 35,000 feet.

 while the move from Working
>Draft to Last Call Working Draft to Working Draft to ?? is explained below.

>Last Call ends, but I don't think I've seen the other drafts drop back from
>Last Call to regular working draft before moving on up to CR.

Last Calls are for show stopping problems. If one is found, and significant
changes are made, it's entirely possible to go back to WD (to get a sense
of what's been changed), before going to another LC. Given earlier
mutterings here, I'd have thought an earlier look would be welcome, not
fodder for suspicion.

Ann