   Re: To Relax or not to Relax

  • From: Murata Makoto <mura034@attglobal.net>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 16:06:17 +0900

> Considering there's been little discussion about Relax on this list (for as
> long as I've been lurking), I'd like to see what the members here think about
> Relax.

I should periodically send a status report to this list.  RELAX
is steadily making progress!

Several announcements of RELAX software tools have recently appeared
in the RELAX mailing list; XML Authority from Extensibility also
supports RELAX.  Such announcements are available at:

	http://www.egroups.com/group/reldeve

Probably, people are waiting to see what happens to the last call
draft of XML Schema.  I am very interested.

RELAX borrows datatypes of XML Schema, and thus migration from
RELAX to XML Schema is easy.   I am hoping that Part 2 of
XML Schema will become a W3C recommendation soon.

Cheers,

MURATA Makoto