   RE: Wanted: DTD for mapping quote-comma-separated values into XML

  • From: "Robert C. Lyons" <boblyons@unidex.com>
  • To: "'Steve Peterson'" <stevep-hv@virtation.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 16:53:14 -0400

Steve Peterson wrote:

> A project I'm working on needs to map quote-comma-separated
> values files
> into XML.  Some of the files will have a header file containing field
> labels and others will not.  I'm not looking to reinvent the
> wheel and
> would appreciate pointers either to a DTD that has already
> been defined or
> places to look for one.

Steve,

XML Convert 2.0, which will be available soon as
a commercial product, converts flat files into XML
and vice versa. It can handle comma-separated-value
files. XML Convert does not use a DTD to describe
the flat file format, since a DTD is used to describe
the format of a class of XML documents. Instead,
XML Convert uses an XML language called XFlat for
describing flat file formats.

You can download the beta version of XML Convert 2.0
for evaluation from http://www.unidex.com/. The beta
copy will stop working on June 10.

Best regards,

Bob