   Re: Irony heaped on irony

  • From: John Aldridge <john.aldridge@informatix.co.uk>
  • To: "David Brownell" <david-b@pacbell.net>, <xml-dev@xml.org>, <xml-uri@w3.org>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:12:06 +0100

At 14:43 25/05/00 +0200, David Brownell wrote:
>It also appears that some folk have decided to use the namespace comparison
>bug (above) as a tool to restart that dereferencing debate.  That really
>doesn't help lead to resolutions.

That's me (amongst others).  I think, however, that it _does_ help lead to
a resolution.  The only way to decide what properties you want an NSURI to
have is to have some idea how you want to use it.

In fact, this has been my biggest problem with the whole debate -- it's
been focused on some abstract concept of "rightness", and not "fitness for
purpose".

If we can agree on the purpose of the namespace URI, it's hardly surprising
that we can't agree on its specification.
--
Cheers,
John