   VoiceXML news

  • From: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
  • To: xml-dev@XML.ORG
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:23:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I recently found an article which makes me wondering:
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2574350,00.html

Citation:
"W3C accepts VoiceXML 1.0 spec
 The World Wide Web Consortium accepts the Voice Extensible Markup
 Language specification, expanding 'voice enabling' Web content and
 services."

Is this just another journalistic overstatement or did I miss something?

There is a W3C note, dated 05-05-2000 - but that can hardly be
characterized as acceptance.

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |