   Re: VoiceXML news

  • From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
  • To: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:41:21 -0400

>Oliver Becker wrote:
>
><snip />
>
> > "W3C accepts VoiceXML 1.0 spec
> >  The World Wide Web Consortium accepts the Voice Extensible Markup
> >  Language specification, expanding 'voice enabling' Web content and
> >  services."
> >
> > Is this just another journalistic overstatement or did I miss something?

The combination of "accepts" and "specification" may be a bit confusing.

It's not difficult to submit a W3C Note, nor have one accepted, and nothing
should be read into that "acceptance" other than it met a few very basic
requirements (submitted properly, etc). Nothing should be read into that,
and it doesn't compare in any way to W3C Recommendations.

Ann
---
Just Released! - HTML BY Example
Now shipping -  Mastering XML
Also in print:  Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials

Founder, WebGeek, Inc.                      http://www.webgeek.com
Chief Operating Officer, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org