   Re: explanation of a DTD

  • From: Indrajit Chaudhuri <IndrajitC@catsglobal.co.in>
  • To: abisheks@india.hp.com
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:12:38 +0530

The element declaration for TAXCOUNTRYPROOFRECEIVED states that any
occurence of the element in an XML document can contain character data
only. The "e-dtype" attribute of the element TAXCOUNTRYPROOFRECEIVED is
defined to be an NMTOKEN which can contain any name characters (See
Nmtoken production in XML 1.0 spec. for the valid chars), and the
"e-dtype" attribute is a "Fixed" attribute with default value "boolean".
The #FIXED keyword states that the attribute must always have the
default value. If a default value is declared, when an XML processor
encounters an omitted attribute, it is to behave as though the attribute
were present with the declared default value.

Thanks,
Indrajit