   RE: Microsoft's Role in the XML Community (WAS RE: Important: The SAXC+

  • From: Sean McGrath <sean@digitome.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:53:33 +0100

[Len Bullard]

>But(at the risk of waking up Dr. Newcomb), what is the role
>of markup in the ecology of systems?  Why do you
>think individuals fought for years to get
>it adopted?  As I've said before about groves,
>it isn't the power of it that interests me;
>it is the way of it; the behavior of systems
>and environments, in short, people and tools
>required to use it.

"""
Hi Len,
	Strangely formatted - but serious post follows.
"""

from EMail EMail, Para, Emph, Line

Root = EMail (
 Para (
  Line ("Yup. Its weird and it has more to do with people issues"),
  Line ("than it has to do with technology issues.")
 )

 Para (
  Line ("After all. It is possible to create a markup language"),
  Line (
   "with a reasonably readable syntax that is",
   Emph ("directly readable"),
   "by, say,")
  Line ("the Python programming language.")
 )

 Para (
  Line ("For some reason, such things do not fly"),
  Line ("despite many advantages in terms of object-orientation"),
  Line ("ease of parsing and so on, whereas"),
  Line ("pointy bracket systems do!")
 )
)

if __name__ == "__main__":