   xsl on multi XML files

  • From: Huaxin Zhang <hxzhang@cs.ualberta.ca>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:51:16 -0600 (MDT)

Could anybody tell me if it is possible to import several
xml files in ONE xsl and apply different rules in the XSL
to each of these xml files respectively.

What I want to do is to extract some info from the first
XML file :  <xsl:variable name="username" select="file1://user/name">

and apply that on another xml file
           <xsl:variable name="salary"
                 select="file2://userinfo[username={$username}]">

something like this. Is this doable?