   Re: MSXML and XML-DR

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:03:02 +0800

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> Does anyone have a rough idea how long it
> will be until XML-DR support in MSXML is
> replaced by XML Schema?  DR is actually
> neat in that it is easier to learn and
> apply, but it could make it harder for
> to have designs considered by industry
> groups.  Will XML-DR be considered a
> candidate for a Schema-lite proposal?

I know of no public statements by MS that they
will not be supporting XML Schemas. I don't
know their timetable, and I don't know whether
they will support XML Schemas exclusively, or
also maintain XML-DR for some time too (e.g.
for BizTalk legacy.)

I know of no XML-Schema-lite proposal that is
being publically mooted. RELAX core is a near
subset, but full RELAX goes in areas that XML
Schemas does not.

Rick Jelliffe