   Re: MSXML and XML-DR

  • From: Lisa Rein <lisarein@finetuning.com>
  • To: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:03:37 -0700

hi all,

You know, I admit i've been in a hole writing my book for a few months,
so maybe microsoft has made some kind of retraction I missed, but it was
my understanding that microsoft was going to implement and support the
W3C XML Schema language as soon as it was complete.  They pledged to do
this in December in Philadelphia at whatever XML conference that was,
and my internal sources at MS have been assuring me of this for months.

Providing legacy support for Xml data reduced is a given too --  (by the
way whatever initials they are using for it seems to depend on which
department at MS they are from..."XML-DR" didn't even exist as those
initials until the biztalk propaganda-ish technical papers were released
earlier this year -- in fact the biztalk papers seem to use several
different initals for it -- sometimes within a single document! :-)

Just trying to help before somebody worries or something over this.
If it is all implemented properly, XSLT should allow us to convert
between all of them, right?   If this isn't the case, will someone
please let me know before I tell a bunch of beginners otherwise?

thanks,

lisa