   RE: newbie dtd question

  • From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:01:26 +0100

Personally I think the best way to resolve this is to use a PUBLIC
identifier
rather than a SYSTEM identifier (which is what you're using I believe).

PUBLIC identifiers avoid the need to hard code path names into DOCTYPE
declarations.
Until recently there was no easy/standard way to achieve this in XML.

Norman Walsh has an article [1] on this, with some accompanying classes
which should
help you out further.

[1].
http://www.arbortext.com/Think_Tank/Norm_s_Column/issue_three/issue_three.ht
ml

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitates"