   Re: Can XSLT be bi-directional ? XML + XSLT -> XHTML -> XML + (XSLT)

  • From: Niclas Olofsson <gurun@acc.umu.se>
  • To: abisheks@india.hp.com
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 00:07:25 +0200

Abhishek Srivastava wrote:
> If the output of a XSL Translation is an XML document.. then another
> style sheet can be written that will transform the output document back
> to the source document.

Sorry, I don't get this. Even the simpliest form of comparison
contradicts it. In psuedo, something like :

if(structure a or structure b) then structure x

So, the wording should be *may* and the conditions Amy Lewis pointed out
must be met. In short I think it's fair to say that, as long as
predicate data isn't lost in translation there may exist a translation
from where the result-tree matches the original source-tree.

Cheers,
/Niclas