   ADMINISTRATIVE: mail list moving

  • From: Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:21:22 -0400

OASIS, who sponsors this mail list, has recently contracted with a mail list
services provider to handle our lists. We're doing this in order to provide
better quality list service for our subscribers. Last night this list was
transitioned to a new server and new mail software.

We've tried to make the transition as invisible as possible, but there will
be a couple changes:

* When you send mail to this list, you should send it to
xml-dev@lists.xml.org instead of to xml-dev@xml.org.

* If you use filters for your incoming mail you may need to reset your
filters based on new From or To fields.

* We've configured the list so that only subscribers may post to the list.
This means that you cannot post a message from a secondary account, for
example from your home account. If a message bounces back to you, it is
because the email address on your message does not match the address you are
subscribed with.

* To unsubscribe from the list, send a message to
xml-dev-request@lists.xml.org with the unsubscribe command. If
you want to unsubscribe a different address than the one from which you are
sending the request you must include the address on the command line (for
example, unsubscribe myname@mycompany.com). The mail server will send a
confirmation message.

If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please feel free to
contact me.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS