   RE: power uses of XML vs. simple uses of XML

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: Steve Rowe <sarowe@textwise.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:02:40 -0500

"Information wants to be free."  John Perry Barlow.

As a deadHead, I have to admit, I liked the idea
of taping concerts dead concerts, but as a musician, I really liked the
idea that they explicitly permitted it.  Unfortunately,
since Captain Trips now has an extra field in his database to
determine his age, that just ain't happening.  My apologies
to deadHeads everywhere.

Hair?  What hair?

Len
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~cbullard/lensongs.ram

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h

From: Steve Rowe [mailto:sarowe@textwise.com]

> Instead of the pre-PICS arguments where some
> wanted to be able to do anything to anyone
> anytime just because as programmers, they
> could get away with it, or as Grateful Dead
> prophets, they felt entitled, let's try a different tact.

Whoa, there, pardner.  First of all, the word you're looking for is
not "tact", but rather "tack".  I'd encourage you to take your own
Freudian-slipping advice, and increase the gain on your tactometer: no
reason to drag the GD into this, or to lump those who listen to their
music together with all liars, cheats, and thieves.  Yes, that's it,
put the measuring tape down slowly and then back away; no hair length
measurements will be taken today.