   Hmmm ...

  • From: Tony Pelton <tony.pelton@spark.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:08:28 -0700

Hi All,

Hopefully this is an OK question to ask on this forum.

We are a little confused on this.

Our messaging system is suddenly generating this exception when parsing a
very small xml document (~5 elements ...) ... whose construction/format has
NOT changed in any way ... and has been parsing since the beginning of time.

We are wondering whether this has anything to do with String interning,
whether it be parser managed ... or the java.lang.String interning
functionality.

This is on the Sun 1.2.2 JVM.

The libs we are using are the Xerces/Apache libs ... version 3.0.0 EA3.

We are stumped as we can't think of anything that has changed that might be
related to this new problem.

Any ideas ?

Other possibly helpful tidbits.

The XML is starting off as a String -> StringReader -> InputSource ->
DOMParser

I am stumped.

Tony

-- snip --

Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.ensureCapacity(StringPool.java:181)
        at org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.addSymbol(StringPool.java:410)
        at org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.<init>(StringPool.java:145)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.<init>(XMLParser.java:250)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.<init>(DOMParser.java:223)
        at com.spark.XMLUtil.getParser(XMLUtil.java:532)
.
.
.