   RE: Where is the documentation on position(), not(), contains(), etc.

  • From: Steve Rowe <sarowe@textwise.com>
  • To: Charles Cantrell <chc@ontario.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:19:39 -0400

Charles Cantrell wrote:

> What recommendation or proposal should I look at to get
> information on the:
>
> position()
> not()
> contains()
>
> and other similar functions?

I'm assuming that the context within which you're asking this question
is: "I've got this XSLT stylesheet, see...".  If this is not so, you
might consider reposting with more information.

Have a look at the XPath W3C Recommendation [1].  It describes the
functions you list, but perhaps not all of them.  Maybe you'd also
enjoy reading the XSLT W3C Recommendation [2], which describes other
functions.  Even more informative might be the XSL-List [3], dedicated
to discussion of XSL-ish topics.

Hope this helps.
Steve Rowe
MNIS-TextWise Labs