   Re: What Can One Do If...?

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: Michael Lauzon <xpl@fastmail.ca>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:55:01 -0400

At 10:40 AM 7/19/00 -0400, Michael Lauzon wrote:
>What can someone do, if someone steals your idea, writes the acronym
>the same way you do, and steals early code ideas, and then says he/she
>copyrighted it.  I am asking the XML-DEV mailing list, because my
>project is related to XML.  Simon St. Laurent will know what group I
>am talking about if he reads this, as he is on the list.

Just to make it _very_ clear, I'm _not_ the person Michael is accusing of
theft.

It certainly drove me to recheck yesterday's XPL archives, though!  The
work Michael's talking about appears to be conducted in Japanese, which
makes it pretty difficult for me to evaluate what's happening from the bit
of English markup.

(XPDL and XPL are very very different things, fortunately.)

Simon St.Laurent