   RE: Recommended Simple XML Tools

  • From: smessenger@mms.org
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:54:14 -0400

Scott,

I've found for my needs the only tools I ended up using were XMLSpy (for
quick validation of documents against DTD's), Internet Explorer 5 (for
display), and EditPlus, with XML and XSLT syntax files added on, for actual
XML and XSL page creation. EditPlus was invaluable because it gave me total
control, whilst highlighting the appropriate segments of code for greater
legibility. I was unimpressed the more full-featured XML editors ( I prefer
hand-coding when working with new technology), and found these three tools
in combination were all I needed to code a simple 600-document text-based
site.

Sean

-----
Sean Messenger
Senior Internet Developer
Massachusetts Medical Society, www.mms.org
-----
smessenger@mms.org
781.434.7581
-----
'If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.'