   RE: Joel on XML

  • From: David LeBlanc <whisper@oz.net>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 03:28:19 -0700

Ok, I finally had to go and see what all the fuss about .net was. I went and
read the MS "white paper" and came to the conclusion that MS is going to tie
all their applications together (mistakingly considering them standards it
would appear) using xml and the web. Big woopee. Of course, they somehow
magically convey the notion that theirs is and will be THE vision for such
an idea. It's not only not the only vision, it's not the first exposition of
such a vision by a long shot.

Then I read Joel's paper. I somewhat agree with it and somewhat don't. It's
a good idea, just not Mediocresoft's vision of it. I'd say more, but it's
better to just go out and outperform Mediocresoft rather then wasting time
on discussing them.

Dave LeBlanc