   RE: Healthcare and Security/Privacy

  • From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • To: "K. Ari Krupnikov" <ari@iln.net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:42:34 -0400

Ari, the problem is a bit more complicated. What is needed is per transform
per document access control, which in database terms would translate to per
row and per column access control. Typical RDBMs provide per column access
control. Typical filesystems provide per "row" access control. As I
mentioned before, once the technical problem has been solved, the
administration problem takes over because the number of access control lists
can become large if the finest grained security is employed.

Jonathan Borden
http://www.openhealth.org