   QI from IXMLDOMNode -> IXMLDOMElement on MSXML3

  • From: Shinichiro HAMADA <shinichiro.hamada@toshiba.co.jp>
  • To: "Xml-Dev@Xml. Org" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:35:39 +0900

Hello, all.

I am making an application with C++ using MSXML, and I recently updated
MSXML to MSXML3 that caused a trouble.

In my program, I use conversions from IXMLDOMNode to IXMLDOMElement with
Query-Interface. When I used MSXML.dll, it worked fine, but since I
changed the parser to MSXML3, this conversion fails and returns NULL.

In detail, in the following program the spElement will be set as NULL:

CComPtr<IXMLDOMNode> spNode = ....;
CComQIPtr<IXMLDOMElement> spElement = spNode;

Is this a right behavior? Or an enbug of MSXML3?
But if this is a right behavior, I can't use a node fetched from
IXMLDOMNodeList as an IXMLDOMElement.

Please someone advise me.
Thank you in advance.

--