   Re: Public Identifiers

  • From: Olivier DUBUISSON <Olivier.Dubuisson@francetelecom.fr>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 23:22:11 +0000

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> The OID draft might make such things easier, letting us use Enterprise
> Numbers readily assigned by the IANA (I'm 6320), rather than publishing
> documents describing our own URN namespace:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mealling-oid-urn-01.txt

FYI there are some errors/typos in Mealling's draft. I sent him an email
some weeks ago.
He was looking for an URN resolver for OIDs.
No later than the beginning of September, we will provide a kind of
"OID database" on the ASN.1 website:
http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/oid/
We are looking to provide this URN resolver on the same website.
Everybody's happy with this? If yes, please provide me with any sort
of information we need for this URN resolver.
--
Olivier DUBUISSON
france telecom R&D