   Re: XML-aware pipes

  • From: Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:42:45 -0700

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> forgetting that syntax can and does matter.  At the same time, I'm excited
> about possibilities like those outlined in the 'UNIX pipes, XML processing'
> thread.

  No doubt.  UNIX pipes + XML + MIME encoding == very cool way to expand
the small tool UNIX philosophy into the world of complex embedded data.
It also allows operating systems researchers to move some of the groovy
context sensitive UI stuff from Plan 9 into a more general framework.

  What shall we do for a few proof of concept mock ups?

--
Jack Rusher, Senior Engineer | mailto:jar@integratus.com
Integratus, Inc.             | http://www.integratus.com