   Re: Question About Namespaces and DTDs

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:37:31 -0400

At 04:33 PM 7/26/00 +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>Sure. Just like most posts to Perl help message boards are to do with
>regexes - they are a fundamental and slightly confusing part of the
>language, but not any more broken than any other standard out there (ever
>tried to implement an NNTP or IRC server and you'll see what I mean about
>the proliferation of broken standards out there).

I've never seen nearly as much disagreement among 'Perl experts' regarding
regexes as I've seen among 'XML experts' regarding namespaces, even
fundamentals.

Of course beginners are confused - even on the best of days, that's normal.
 I'm a lot more disturbed to see that the experts disagree as well.

Does that matter?  You seem to say no, I say yes.

Watch carefully over the next year or so to see what happens, I guess.

Now if only I was getting paid for all of these hours...

Simon St.Laurent