   Re: Question About Namespaces and DTDs

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 00:45:50 +0800

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> I've never seen nearly as much disagreement among 'Perl experts' regarding
> regexes as I've seen among 'XML experts' regarding namespaces, even
> fundamentals.
> Now if only I was getting paid for all of these hours...

If only *we* were being paid to read all this stuff :-)

I have a modest suggestion: no-one should ever say anything is broken
again unless and until they also have a working proposal of how to fix
it. If we all kept to this discipline, XML-DEV would be more stimulating
for everyone, and lead into a more beautiful future.

Dr Newcombe is a good model in this: he questioned namespaces severely,
but in the light of what he thinks is an alternative addressing the
underlying problem as he sees it: architectural forms.

Rick Jelliffe